First beta release of Dolphin memory engine, how a memory scanner is done?

First beta release of Dolphin memory engine, how a memory scanner is done?

As I explained about 2-3 weeks ago how I talked about how I made a Dolphin memory watcher and I was ready to start work on the scanner, well as expected, it was much easier and I even released the first beta a couple of days ago of the RAM search!

Yes, you can get the sources and run binaries by going to the Github page: https://github.com/aldelaro5/Dolphin-memory-engine

This is going to be a shorter post, but since doing the scanner was still quite the adventure, it’s enough to do a post about how exactly something as complex as a scanner is done and how I managed to make it work like the Cheat Engine one with similar or even better performance.

Continue reading “First beta release of Dolphin memory engine, how a memory scanner is done?”

Progress on my new Dolphin RAM search: the initial RAM watch is done!

FeaturedProgress on my new Dolphin RAM search: the initial RAM watch is done!

About a month ago, I made a post about the frustration of using a RAM search with Dolphin and I more specifically that the only good one, Cheat Engine isn’t cutting it with MANY problems occurring since it was just not made to work with this use case.  At the end of the post, I said that the best solution to this problem would be to actually do a RAM search from scratch instead of doing tons and tons of extensions which just makes the tools more annoying to use while it could just simply work out of the box.  Like there was so much problem that it’s not worth to fix them with so many extensions.  In fact, since I posted this and notified TASVideos about it, a workaround was found that disables ASLR with Dolphin…..this is quite ridiculous that we have to get this far to have a RAM search work.

But I also said that I might just do a RAM search just for these reasons.

And that’s exactly what happened, a few days after the post, I confirmed that I was starting the project.  It’s been a month and honestly, I am VERY happy how it’s been going.  In this post, I am going to tell the difficulties and challenges of doing this, this is my first true project of a somewhat complex program so a lot of stuff was new to me and I found it would be interesting to do a post about it!

Continue reading “Progress on my new Dolphin RAM search: the initial RAM watch is done!”